Sunday, June 22, 2008

silver lining

northern outskirts, sydney



"it was a cool, crisp morning, and the clouds covered the sun, its rays barely able to break through the grey blanket. he breathed heavily as he climbed the hill, little wisps of mist appearing in front of his face and dissipating into the air as he moved through them. the silence was overpowering, and he felt it strange to notice a complete absence of the urban. as he crested the hill, the sun seemed to find the cracks in the overcast canopy, and set a cloud ablaze."

3 comments:

Burd Zel Krai said...

this photo is so unlike what i expect of sydney!
you really are showing a unique side of the city - bravo!

Anonymous said...

I do visit and I do comment and I was here. I did look at your picture(s) and I did read what you wrote about them. I could say how great you are and how beautiful your work is but alas I would soon run out of things to say on the next blog I visited, so I just left this to prove I stopped and said a few words on Sunday.

My Rheumatoid Arthritis hurts so I am using the same message for all.

Eki said...

I like the mood of this picture. And the words you wrote to accompany it are very appropriate and moving.

The pictures you show about Sydney are not those I could see on postcards - very candid and telling. I love them. They are the insider's view of it that I want to see. Thanks for sharing them. I hope you can continue posting and sharing your view of your city to the world.

Greetings from a neigbor in Bandung, West Java.